This post has already been read 11169 times!
In my last post I published the scripts I use for monitoring a Citrix Platform and showed you how to set up and configure a monitoring server so you get a high level “up / down” view of whats happening out in your estate.
Today I will be adding Citrix Director and Workspace Environment Management into the mix.
The scripts will monitor that the Citrix Director server are up and functioning corrently. It will check the protocol defined and test connectivity to the actual Director Login Pages and return a simple up or down graph with details of where the monitoring check failed.
This will be an individual node check on the Director servers. If you use NetScaler to load balance your Director servers (as many do) then this will get picked up as part of the NetScaler vServer monitoring checks.
Citrix Workspace Environment Management
This will monitor that the Citrix WEM Servers are up and running as they should be as well as checking connectivity to the following ports for Admin, Brokering and Sync.
If you load balance this service with Citrix NetScaler it will be picked up with the NetScaler vServer monitoring.
Setting up the new modules
If you are setting this up for the first time then follow the guide I have posted in this article. I have updated the monitoring download so that it now included Director and CWEM as part of the standard install. Once you have installed the software then see below for the details of the Director and Citrix WEM Specifics.
Update Existing Install
If you are updating the existing install you have then you already have the link to the ShareFile download site for the monitoring. Log in and download the CWEM_Director.zip file and extract it to the monitoring server.
Follow the following to update your install
- Copy the cwem.ps1 file into your “modules” directory where you run the monitoring from
- Copy the director.ps1 file into your “modules” directory where you run the monitoring from
- Copy the monitor.ps1 file and overwrite your existing monitor.ps1 file
- Run cwem_director.reg and import the new values into your registry then configure as shown below
New Registry Keys
- DirectorPort – The IIS port that you run Citrix Director on
- DirectorServers – a comma delimited list of your Citrix Director servers
- DirectorTitle – The Title for the Citrix Director bar in the monitoring graph
- DirectorProtocol – http or https
- DirectorPath – Path to test the Director site accessability (e.g. /Director/LogOn.aspx?cc=true)
- TestDirector – yes/no field to define if you should test Director
- TestCWEM – yes/no field to define if you should test Citrix WEM
- CWEMTitle – Title for the CWEM bar in the monitoring chart
- CWEMServers – comma delimeted list of Citrix WEM Broker Servers
- CWEMAdminPort – Admin Port Defined for Citrix WEM
- CWEMBrokerPort – Broker Port defined for Citrix WEM
- CWEMSyncPort – Sync Port defined for Citrix WEM
Getting the Software
Just drop me an e-mail here and I will send you the ShareFile link to download the scripts!
Once you have defined your Citrix WEM and Director settings then re-run your monitoring script or let the scheduled task take care if it and you will see your new Director and Citrix WEM options displayed in the monitoring graph as shown below.
Once again – If you want to help out with this project then please get in touch. I have already had a few people approach me and we are looking into getting some additional monitoring in place asap.