This post has already been read 11015 times!
I have been trying to App-V Microsoft SQL Management Studio 2005 for a while now and have finally got it to work. I thought I would share the steps I took on here to hopefully help out others who are in the same situation.
One point – when searching for hotfix 944478 you may have to contact Microsoft to get a copy of the fix. To avoid this google the following file name: VS80sp1-KB944478-X86-ENU.exe and you should see a link to hotfix sharing sites that you will be able to get the file from.
So, the steps…
- Sequencing Machine must be Windows XP
- Install Dot Net v2
- Install c++ Redist 2005 and 2008
- Start a new sequence and select Custom as the type
- Setup the relevant Q Drive Install Folder
- Install Microsoft SQLServerBC 2005 and Microsoft SQLServerNativeClient 9.00
- Run SQL 2005 installer and change installpath to Q:\ Drive
- Install SQL2005 SP2
- Install Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 (VS80sp1-KB926601-X86-ENU.exe)
- Install hotfix 944478 (VS80sp1-KB944478-X86-ENU.exe)
- Download and extract dll from hotfix 945347. Copy VKeyPackage.dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8 and use regsvr32 to regester this dll
- Finished and click next.
- Continue, do not start any applications yet!
- Edit the ODS Shortcuts if you need to.
- Continue, run all application for feature block 1 except “SQL Server Business Intelegeance Development Studio”, “SQL Server Management Studio”and “Visual Studio 2005”.
- Finish sequence, on deployment tab uncheck “enforce security descriptors”.
- set service to automatic.
Thats is – this should give you a working SQL 2005 Management Studio package.